Socialite Tamara Ecclestone has offered a reward of up to £6m for information that could lead to the recovery of some of her ‘most precious’ belongings that were stolen in Britain’s biggest heist ever.
The daughter of former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone said she was “going Mel Gibson from the Ransom movie” in an attempt to retrieve some of her items, having “waited long enough” to do so through conventional means.
The 38-year-old was vacationing in Lapland with her husband, art gallery owner Jay Rutland, their daughter and their dog when their Palace Green home was broken into on December 13, 2019.
During a trial last year, the Isleworth Crown Court heard how Ecclestone became “scared” and “obsessed with security” after her Kensington mansion was looted for £25 million in cash, jewels and gems.
Police said the gang responsible were believed to have committed similar crimes against high-profile victims across Europe and were planning to commit further attacks against the rich and famous in the UK.
While three men were arrested in November 2021, Ecclestone said none of his family’s stolen belongings, other than a single pair of earrings, have been found since the theft.
On Sunday, she said the episode “still traumatizes my family and me to this day.”
Posting on her Instagram stories, she wrote: “The thought of these disgusting people, searching every room in my house, breaking into my house, touching my belongings and stealing some of the things most precious to me means I will never be able to lay my head to rest in that house again with the same sense of security I once had.”
She said her daughter “still asks if the burglars are coming back and don’t sleep alone.”
Ecclestone said he would “fortunately” offer a reward of 25% of the value of anything the police recovered from the information presented.
She wrote: “While I have accepted that I will likely never see my belongings stolen again, I will be happy to offer a reward of 25% of the value of anything the police are able to recover resulting from information provided by a source.
“If you are the source, you get the reward. It’s that simple.”
She said the reward could be as high as £6m “to whoever can help me get back what is rightfully mine”.
She said she was also offering a £250,000 reward to anyone who can “turn Daniel Vukovic over to the police in London”.
She added, “This man thinks he can ride off into the sunset with all the spoils of stealing my family and me. Not so fast…”
Vukovic, believed to be a Serbian citizen, was named in court as a suspected fourth member of the gang.
Police said he uses a number of aliases, including Alfredo Lindley, Ljubomir Radosavljevic and Ljubomir Romanov.
The court heard that he had fled to Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, where he would still be after a failed extradition attempt.
The Metropolitan Police said its investigations were continuing and that detectives from its crime department were looking for this man.
Italian citizens Jugoslav Jovanovic, Alessandro Maltese and Alessandro Donati, who were behind three raids in west London in December 2019, received prison sentences last year.
The trio were extradited from Italy and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to break in between November 29 and December 18, 2019.
Jovanovic also admitted to conspiracy to commit money laundering and a charge of attempting to convert criminal property.
He was imprisoned for 11 years, while Maltese and Donati were sentenced to eight years and nine months in prison.
Victims of the other attacks included former Chelsea FC midfielder Frank Lampard and his television presenter wife Christine and the late Leicester City FC owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.
Ecclestone’s bounty offer follows a BBC documentary that aired in recent days titled Who Stole Tamara Ecclestone’s Diamonds?.